Friday 1 May 2020

"Dashing" mixed media layout for Creative Artiste;

Hello there crafters! I can't believe May is here already; April was a busy month for me and seemed to fly by. I really wanted to start doing more layouts again, and decided to create a masculine layout for my "Silver Screen" album, which contains pages about favourite classic actors and movies, and this guy is my very favourite actor from the 40s/50s.


I used Blue Fern Studios Chesterville collection, Gypsy Soul Lasercuts chipboard and Tattered Angels mists and glazes.Papers and embellishments were distressed with brown, white and black inks, and I added bits of black thread here and there as well as machine stitching the paper strip below the photo. A variety of buttons from my stash were added, as well as a few items cut from the Graphic 45 A Proper Gentleman collection. The corrugate behind the photo was simply painted grey and lightly rubbed with ink.

It was fun to get my grunge on with this page; I like the contrast between the grungy background and the more formal photo-it's a bit of a metaphor for the versatile actor that James Stewart was.

Thanks so much for stopping by-hope you enjoyed seeing my page. Happy May! Stay safe and find time to be creative when you can....hugs! xx


6 comments:

  1. Lynne. Stunning mixed media canvas. Love the theme and your details. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing make! I love the masculine layout and all the gorgeous layers that you created, James Stewart is the best 😀. Happy May wishes! Stay safe and keep well! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A wonderful commemorative page Lynne. Strong masculine details and fabulous textures xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A gorgeous layout with a strong portrait. I love all the details you added.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful tribute to a great actor. There is no mistaking James Stewart's voice when I hear it as my hubby is a great Western Movie Fan and he pops up every now and then. Brilliant layout and so cleverly put together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea Lynne, I really hope you continue with your silver screen scrapbook because this page in a magnificent creation. How dashing he looks indeed, I adore those extra little details. Thank you for sharing this inspiring page.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete