Thursday 14 February 2019

"Whatever our souls are made of...." Valentine Blog Hop


Hello there crafty friends! Lynne Joncas here with a little something I created to celebrate Valentine's day and share with you as you hop along with me and a great group of creative, talented artists I have the privilege of being a part of.



The list of blogs is here; I'm sure you'll enjoy checking them all out, and who knows? There just may be a prize or two along the way!!

PolymerCreations4U: A Journey into Craftiness https://polymercreations4u.wordpress.com/
Psychotic Ramblings of a Serial Scrapper - https://ole682000.blogspot.com/2019/02/valentines-day-blog-hop.html
Whimsy Chic Paper Crafts Etc: https://youtu.be/NUer_-9kWpI


I was inspired to create this project by the card with the quote on it that I got recently when a friend was sharing some craft supplies (thank you, Becky!)  and realized it would fit perfectly in one of the Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts ATC shrines I had in my stash!



I had loads of fun playing withe techniques on the outer surface of the shrine; my crafting goal for 2019 is to experiment more with mediums and techniques, and I certainly did here! I started by decoupaging crumpled tissue paper onto the surface, then added some torn bits of patterned paper here and there.The surface was then painted with rose acrylic paint and sponged with a couple deeper shades. I stamped with Versamark and heat embossed the surface in white to create texture and depth, then added mica flakes, microbeads and followed that by brushing the entire surface with crackle glaze. When that was dry I rubbed in a little antiquing medium to tone down the colours for a softer, more vintage effect.


I cut a Gypsy Soul embellishment into two pieces, painted it with acrylic paint and Perfect Pearls, then attached one piece over the card inside and the other to the back of the shrine so it looked like a whole piece again. The fussy cut elements were added to the top and the beaded hearts to the inside atop a bed of tulle. Some rose ribbon and other trim were added to complete my project.


Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you enjoyed seeing my latest project...if you follow my blog and leave a comment below this post, I will be drawing the name of one winner to send a little envelope of goodies out to, just as a thanks for your support! Enjoy the rest of the hop, and I wish you love and happiness this Valentine's Day and always! xoxo

12 comments:

  1. A wonderful project Lynne. Such a gorgeous soft colours and fabulous textures. Lovely vintage details too xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is that!? Thanks for taking part in the hop! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so much fun. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful little shrine! I love the colors and textures! Pretty details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And you achieved a fabulous vintage effect - so pretty and so Victorian looking. Beautiful. Cath x

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!! Love that row of ivory roses!

    ReplyDelete