Friday 6 November 2020

Sunshine round canvas for Creative Artiste

 As I write, the sun is shining through my dining room windows and there are cats sprawled out sunbathing everywhere!! It's a perfect time to share my "Sunshine" canvas with you.




Once I had figured out the general layout of the pieces, I added stenciling with homemade texture paste before attaching all the elements. I then primed the entire piece with white gesso before adding mists in a variety of shades of yellow, peach, orange and burgundy. I then took rose gold metallique wax and rubbed some onto the edges of the chipboard elements and some of the flowers & buttons, keeping the effect subtle. This is a small thin canvas, so I attached a magnetic strip to the back for display on a fridge or other metal surface. I love adding lace to this type of project, as I think it looks so interesting when misted and adds an extra little touch of warmth.

As always, our challenge at Creative Artists Mixed Media Challenge Blog is "anything goes"-as long as it's mixed media, you're welcome to enter it!! Find all the information you need here and I hope to see your entry!

I hope you enjoyed seeing my project, and I wish you sunshine and joy
xx Lynne

5 comments:

  1. Delightful that you had the sunshine by your side whilst creating this Lynne, the round canvas is the perfect substrate to display those lovely lacy elements and stencilled texture. A pretty piece, thank you for sharing it's warmth, wishing you safe sunny days & much creativity.
    Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunshine was a perfect inspiration for your project. All what we need these times!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Lynne this is so soft and pretty and beautifully put together. Love the texture and subtle use of the waxes. Gorgeous lace and pretty flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful canvas! I love how you layered all the elements together and added the warm sunshine colours - perfect 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and sending you happy wishes! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your canvas Lynne. Very beautiful especially the texture and colours. Very nice. Have a creative week Judy

    ReplyDelete