Monday 24 September 2018

Little Dreamer Canvas for Gypsy Soul Lasercuts

Hello crafty peeps! Today I'm here with a 12x12 canvas I created using chipboard from the Baby Girl Clothesline Set, Tattered Angels mists and lots of little goodies from my stash
.

The first thing I did was figure out more or less where I wanted everything, then I took  picture, since I would be moving things to add the stencilling, and would no doubt forget where I wanted everything...


I made the texture paste with baby powder, white glue and white acrylic paint and stencilled in the open areas , then covered the whole canvas with white gesso. Since I was going to be using soft colours, I made sure most of the embellishments were light in colour, as they're easier to cover.




After misting with four glimmer mists, I allowed it to dry then misted again for a little more depth of colour, then I rubbed a little metallic wax on the chipboard pieces to make them stand out a little more.



I have been creating canvases for a local art shoppe, so I'm challenging myself to come up with different themes for my projects. Thankfully Gypsy Soul Lasercuts provided such a great variety of pieces and titles that I don't expect to run out of ideas for a long time!

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I wish you a dreamy, colourful, creative week!
xx

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED

OTHER ITEMS USED

Prima and Studio75 stencils
Tattered Angels glimmer mists: Festival, Rose Gold, Summer Glow, Coral Reef
Art Alchemy Metallique Wax-Rose Gold
white gesso
various flowers, ribbon, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment