Friday 6 March 2020

"Home" cutting board for Creative Artiste

Hello friends! My daughter picked up a couple cute wooden cutting boards at Dollarama and asked me if I thought I could use them for some sort of project, and I was definitely intrigued by the thought; it's always interesting to find new backgrounds for my assemblage creations!


Because I didn't want to colour the entire piece, I glued my arrangement onto a piece of thin cardboard rather than directly onto the board. I then painted that with tan acrylic paint before adding mists in shades of teal, green, yellow and gold. (I also used these steps on the letters and hexagons so they would coordinate) then rubbed Art Alchemy metallique waxed in Lucky Emerald and Polished Brass over some of the surfaces.

I used DecoArte moss paste here and there along the edges, then rubbed with the same waxes. A little gold thread wrapped diagonally and an ornate leaf chippie from my stash completed the look.

I love to use dollar store items or thrift store finds as bases for my creations; I see them as a fun challenge, and I hope you enjoy seeing them.Thanks so much for stopping by and I wish you a wonderful March!!

6 comments:

  1. I love the shades of green you used on the wooden background. The composition is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing mixed media project! I love all the elements you used and how you layered them together on card and then attached it to the board, and the colours look beautiful against the wood - perfect 😁. Wishing you a wonderful weekend! Happy March! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a find your daughter picked up Lynne. Love the green tones you used here. Blends in beautifully with the wood. Gorgeous cutlery and all the itty bits you added. How great it will look hanging up in your home or maybe a gift for your daughter's find?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely altered cutting board. Pretty design. Have a creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous assemblage art - I love the green and golden shimmer of the collaged pieces against the simplicity of the wood.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete