Friday 7 February 2020

Altered Tool Box for Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog


Hello there crafty friends! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas and New Year and are settling into 2020.I have had this project in mind for a while but it wasn't easy to find a metal toolbox-everything is plastic nowadays! My hubby found this beauty for me while he was out and about. While getting ready to move, I amassed a fair collection of my own tools which I kept separate from hubby's stuff, and the idea of a funky toolbox of my own was born.



I started out with black satin spray paint; it really is a true black, but the weather has not cooperated  and the lighting in my photos seems to give a golden hue.

This was "before"....



I attached the embellishments with Gorilla Glue, which I had never used before...they really do mean it when they say on the package that the product expands when drying-be careful not to use too much or you will have chunky bits here and there...ugh! That being said, it did a wonderful job adhering lace, metal, chipboard and plastic items to the metal toolbox.

I then sprayed another coat of black over the entire surface before adding the Art Alchemy waxes. I used Brushed Iron, Rich Copper and Lucky Emerald. There were a few spots where I used some distress embossing powder in Vintage Photo before adding the wax, just for a little rough texture here and there.



This was so fun to create and I love how it came out; the waxes blended beautifully together to create a really interesting effect. They work so wonderfully on black surfaces....love them! Hope you enjoyed seeing my latest....have a terrific February!

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous looking tool box Lynne. The shimmery colours and fabulous elements look amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what an amazing transformation! I love all the detail and the colours of the Alchemy waxes against the black looks stunning - perfect 😁. I'm so excited and honored to be part of this super talented design team, thanks so much! Happy February! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic transformation! you sure had fun assembling all the details. Stunning result!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow what a stunning transformation of this very 'male' tool box. Love all the elements you have added and the colours are simply stunning. Just love those Art Alchemy waxes. They really bring a project to life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely altered box. Great design Lys. Have a creative month. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete