Monday 12 November 2018

Rustic Christmas Crates for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts

Hi-I'm happy to be here with a Christmas project inspired by a home decor piece I picked up recently; I love Christmas and am really embracing the rustic, homey themes I have been seeing so far this year. The deer in the center of my photo is the piece I purchased, and I finished the Little Crates to coordinate with it.


I started off by tracing around each section of the crates onto the back of my woodgrain papers; I did each side separately and then inked the edges with a charcoal grey ink.



When I cut the dark grey strips I rubbed them lightly with the Moonlight White ink to lighten them a bit, and the brown ones were rubbed with the Old Road ink, as I wanted to tone down the orangy golden hue.



I added diecut words and snowflakes to the fronts of the crates to mimic those on the deer, then filled the crates with some artificial greenery, berries and flowers to create a festive look. This was not a difficult project to create, but I'm happy with the way the crates look with my pretty wooden deer. I have a large wall unit in my living room that I fill with Christmas decor, and can't wait to put these up!


Thank you for stopping by, and I wish you peace and joy and a wonderfully merry and creative week!

No comments:

Post a Comment