Monday 26 November 2018

Metal Ornaments for Gypsy Soul Laser Cuys


Hey people! Lynne here with a couple ornaments
that I rescued from the thrift store-they were actually a promo from some business and had their logo and name stuck on to them, and thus rather ugly. Fortunately it was done with a type of sticker and I was able to scrape it all off. Yay!

I started by attaching my chipboard pieces with Aleene's Tacky Glue-I held them down for a few seconds to be sure the pieces adhered properly to the curved surface. I added embroidery floss to the row of stockings and some letter stickers for my festive phrases.


I brushed on a coat of clear gesso-I love this stuff! It goes on white but dries clear, so you retain the look of the surface, but can apply different mediums to it. I wanted to use mist and it doesn't adhere well to metal.


The mist came next, then a little ink around the edges and across the letters to create contrast. 

I precoated the stockings with red acrylic paint, then brushed them with white glue when they were dry and applied flocking. The snowflakes were brushed with white glue then sprinkled with glitter. I added a second layer when it was dry to make them stand out a little more. I used a white glitter gel pen on the letters. Simple ribbon hangers and bows finished the ornaments off.



I'm putting my Christmas tree up over the weekend, so I took these photos of the ornaments hanging on my little Charlie Brown Christmas tree, so please imagine lush green boughs...




Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you're enjoying your Christmas preparations, or at least anticipating them!! Have a wonderful week! xoxo

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED

Winter Shape Set-contact store
Snowflake Shape Set
Tiny Christmas-coming soon

OTHER ITEMS USED

Aleene's Tacky Glue
Tattered Angels mists
Doodlebug designs flocking
diamond glitter
ribbon
Embroidery floss
Blue, green, and white inks
white glitter gel pen


No comments:

Post a Comment