Monday 26 June 2017

"Art" Mixed Media layout for Gypsy Soul Lasercuts

Hello friends-as a lover of all things artsy, this quote spoke to my gypsy soul, and I hope it does to  yours as well! Sometimes I enjoy using a meaningful quote on a page (I usually find them on Facebook) rather than a photo just for a change of pace.


I have had this fabulous Colorbox  "Teen Angst" paper for ages and still love the funky, eclectic feel of it; the Mixed Media Fragments complemented the paper perfectly and the Palette and Brushes was just right for the theme of the quote.

I started off by painting each piece with acrylic paint; the palette piece was then run through this embossing folder to create the textured surface:



After rubbing the surface of the palette with a pearlized ink, I punched 1" circles of various colours from my papers, then added paint drips with coordinating acrylic paints. I lightly inked the edges of the palette for dimension.


The paintbrush handles and palette knife were heat-embossed with UTEE for a glossy look. Because the papers are so vibrant, I wanted my embellishments to stand out sufficiently.


This Fragment was painted black, then heat-embossed with UTEE also-I love the glossy finish!

This Fragment from the Retro set was stamped with Versamark ink with this Prima stamp, then heat-embossed with Lindy's Stamp Gang Midnight Gold embossing powder.


I added some stenciling with homemade texture paste, a few metal embellishments and a little fussy-cutting, then finished the page off with a few sprays of orange and yellow mists.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my project, and I'd love to see something you create that incorporates a quote....that is your challenge, should you choose to accept it!! Have a super week, and thanks so much for stopping by.

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED


OTHER ITEMS USED

craft concepts embossing folder
Prima stamp
Versamark Ink
Lindys embossing powder
Colorbox papers

No comments:

Post a Comment