Friday 5 November 2021

"Graham at 19 months"-a12 x 12 layout for Creative Artiste

 Hello friends and Happy November! I know most crafters love Halloween and the chance to make wild and crazy, creepy projects, but I'm not a fan and am always glad to see that stuff gone from the stores (and it doesn't break my heart to see the Christmas stuff starting either!) I came across this adorable photo of my son (who is now 29 years old) and just had to put it on a page.



The ohoto was taken in front of our fireplace and had a pretty cluttery background, so I decided to just use the silhouette, which made it so much easier to choose paper that looked great with it! These are Blue Fern Frolic and Autumn Anthology papers.I used a Tim Holtz alphabet stencil and a Prima stencil for the other design, along with homemade texture paste.   Because of the colours. I didn't feel the flower collage was too "girly" for this page, and I was happy with the way it came out. I hope you like it, and also hope you decide to join us at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog this month-it's always anything goes, as long as you use 3 or more mediums! Hope to see your lovely entries there!
xx Lynne

8 comments:

  1. A beautiful page to showcase your adorable photo Lynne. Fabulous colours, wonderful textures and gorgeous artwork xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynne, Very cute picture of your son. I love how you have created your page and all the details that you have added. Very well done. Have a Creative week. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing way to show off that fabulous photograph of your Son, no matter the age they will always be out baby. Lovely layers and a grand mixed media display of pinks and blues Lynne.. simply adorable.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, he does look adorable! Even more so on the beautiful page that you created, I love the colours and mixed media elements - amazing 😀. Thanks for the inspiration and Happy November! Hugs Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So cute! A gorgeous page and a smart composition around the photo of your son.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such lovely colours and layout Lynne. Love how your son is sitting in the middle of those beautiful flowers. A treasure page for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet photo! He looks like he now sits among a fairy tale setting where all his imaginings will come to life. I love all the detail. I’m always drawn to texture paste through stencils so I love that part. The choice of alphabet and numbers is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lynne the colours are stunning together. Very beautiful work. Happy holidays to you and your family this holiday season. Looking forward to creating with you and the rest of the Creative Artiste design team in 2022. Judy DT

    ReplyDelete