Friday 4 June 2021

Fireweed-a 12x12 layout for Creative Artiste

 Hello there! It's garden season here, so I ddecided to scrap a flower photo I had in my stash. Fireweed is a wildflower that's common in northern British Columbia  where I used to live. When there's a whole field of it, these vibrant plants make it look like it's on fire, hence the name given it by the native people of the area.




I treated myself to some lovely paper that I found on Amazon and found it was perfect to set off this photo. I loved the paper so much I didn't want to cover too much of it up (that's often a problem of mine!!) The rainbow was torn from another sheet and inked with a rich blue. I added stenciling with texture paste, used some Martha Stewart border punches randomly around the edges, and tore the remaining edges between the punching. Again these were inked in blue to further define the punched designs and tearing.

The title letters were originally a deep maroon, so I painted them white before inking them in pink.I gathered random flowers from my stash in bright pink and fresh green to echo some of the shades in the papers. The diecuts are from a BoBunny collection and I thought the colours coordinated really well with my other embellishments.

I hope you enjoyed seeing my page; I'm happy to have it as a keepsake of the lovely wildflowers from a province I lived in for several years; I wish you flowers and blue skies this season and always xx

6 comments:

  1. Lynne you've given us a rainbow of colour this month, I can imagine the fire weed looks magnificent across the province. What a lovely scene, a keep sake piece indeed. Wishing you sunny days and blue skies too, enjoy every moment of that outdoor space. Hugs Tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your flowers and your garden page. They are stunning. Have a creative week and stay safe. Hugs Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful LO Lynne. Wonderful soft colours and textures xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely page with this rainbow and vibrant colours. The photo is so beautifully enhanced this way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, such a stunning page! It's such a magical scene with the gorgeous colours and images, and the way you created the rainbow is amazing 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy June! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful paper for sure and how perfect for this gorgeous floral layout. Stunning work Lynne.

    ReplyDelete