Friday 5 February 2021

First project of 2021-layout for Creative Artiste

 Hello friends and Happy New Year! We took the month of January off at Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog and I'm happy to be back with you, sharing my first layout of the year featuring a photo of my late father taken by his best friend a few years before Dad passed.




I had been in a bit of a creative slump before starting this so opted to keep it simple, using coordinating papers from Heartfelt Creations and painting my Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts chipboard frame with metallic silver, then cutting it in half to partially frame the photo.
   




It felt good to create a layout again after a dry spell-sometimes finishing a simple project is what's needed to get those creative juices flowing again rather than tackling something that could overwhelm you. I hope you enjoyed seeing my page and I wish you a wonderfully creative 2021!
xxLynne



7 comments:

  1. Wow, what a stunning canvas! I love all the layers and the photo of you dad is wonderful, it's a beautiful tribute too - perfect 😁. Thanks for the inspiration and wishing you a happy February! All the best for 2021! Hugs, Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad this helped bring you out of that creative slump Lynne, we all get it and I have to say there is real beauty in your design, a personal piece to you with that striking picture of your late Father, what a heartwarming piece this must be for you. A wonderful keepsake. Thank you for sharing with us.
    Wishing you well, stay safe & creative Hugs Tracey xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Handsome dad. Love the project and all it's fantastic details.Have a creative week. Stay safe. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. totally AWESOME work Lynne!! This profile of your father caught my eyes because it reminds me a lot of Sean Connery. Very handsome father.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A moving and beautiful photo of your father, highlighted by your layout. A cherished keepsake.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely layout Lynne. The beautiful photo and personal details make this a fitting tribute to your beloved father xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be my favourite project of yours Lynne. Beautiful treasured piece and so lovingly made.

    ReplyDelete