Friday 2 August 2019

"Pawprints" frame for Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge blog

Hey there, friends! I had this plain chipboard frame in my stash and decided it would be perfect to use for  a furbaby project-I just love the sentiment "pawprints on my heart"; it and the other chipboard embellishments are from Gypsy Soul Laser Cuts.



I stencilled randomly with homemade texture paste, then added the  chipboard and other embellishments  before priming the whole thing with white gesso.
I then misted with a variety of Tattered Angels mists, then I rubbed the chipboard pieces with Rose Gold Metallique Wax.

The photo in the frame is of our two dogs, Dudley and Elmo, who have since crossed the Rainbow Bridge. This photo was taken over twenty years ago, but their pawprints definitely remain on the hearts of my family.




Thanks so much for stopping by; I hope you enjoyed seeing my project-give your furbabies an extra hug today! xoxo

5 comments:

  1. A gorgeous tribute to your beloved dogs. I love the details you combined to the built result.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your paw print frame. Beautiful work. Have a creative month. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply adorable and 'paw-fect' Lynne. Super colourful frame and great elements.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing vivid colours on the frame, what a cheerful setting for the photo of your canine friends.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lynne this mixed media piece really speaks to me having lost our dearly beloved black lab this year it's so uplifting to see you share a fond memory of your fur babies who have also crossed that rainbow bridge. Forever in our hearts indeed, a wonderful window to help keep them within our hearts. Thank you for sharing.
    Creative wishes Tracey x

    ReplyDelete