Friday 7 June 2019

"Grow Old Along With Me"-mixed media chipboard card for Creative Artiste

Hello crafty friends! We have recently purchased a new home, and I've been a bit fascinated with house-themed projects lately (you'd be amazed how many GAZILLIONS of them there are on Pinterest!) so I created this to commemorate our upcoming move. It's a Design Team piece for the Creative Artiste Mixed Media Challenge Blog's June challenge.



I had some leftover pages from a chipboard album and drew my pattern onto one of those. I copied just the grassy mound onto a second piece to serve as the opening part of the card. When these were cut out, I started with patterned paper, which I distressed, inked, gessoed and painted like crazy, then I added bricks which were created using baking soda texture paste which was coloured and spread onto pieces of cereal box board.
I added corrugate pieces for the chimney and door, and added bits of lace, ribbon, metal and wood for the various finishing details. I attached the front with tiny hinges.



I dug deep into my stash of alphabets and word art to create the sentiment, which is a line from a poem by Robert Browning.



The inside of the card simply reads, "Welcome Home."

Thanks so much for stopping by; I hope you have enjoyed seeing my project, and wish you a delightfully colourful and creative June, wherever your home may be! xoxo

9 comments:

  1. This is so nice. I'm really just love it. All of it the sentiment and the way you put it together. The house is Charming the kitty is an absolute necessity and it looks like a magic little cottage filled with love I just had to say I really like it a lot and this is probably the wrong place to post this but I will

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fabulous make! All the detail that you created is amazing, I love the sheet music and bricks - perfect 😁. Thanks so much for having me as a Guest Design Team member this month! Wishing you all the best with your house move and Happy weekend! Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun and creative card, lovely details!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing card Lynne, such a great design. Your colours, textures and details are all wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the best I love it so creative and clever xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Andree - AAAAAAAAAAAmazing piece Lynne. So much thought has gone into this piece. Brilliantly put together. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fun house. Very creative. Have a great month crafting. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is really cool, Lynne! You are one Creative Artiste!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so magical! I love it!! Great work Lynne!

    ReplyDelete