Friday 5 April 2019

Altered Tissue Box for Creative Artiste

Hello crafty friends! I decided to create a piece of home decor this month; I found the wooden tissue box at a thrift store-it had been painted white and stenciled with some simple and very colourful Christmas images. Since I used very thick papers, I didn't even bother to paint over them.


After cutting the paper to size. I added stencilling with homemade texture paste and some Tattered Angels mists. After the papers were adhered to the box with white glue, I inked the edges, then added diecut flowers and foliage along with some shells, beach glass, chipboard and wooden embellishments to create texture and interest.



I cut the image from another piece of the paper and attached it to the end that would be facing outward in my room-I loved the image but the piece it was on was too small to use for the front. I like how it looks on the end, though.

 I make my texture paste quite thick for crisp lines and no bleeding under the stencil.


Thanks so much for stopping by; this was fun to create and I love the idea of altering thrift store "uglies"! Have a terrific and creative week! xx

6 comments:

  1. How lovely - the lighter than air colours are so pretty and the delicate textures and embellishing work beautifully.
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Lynne. Love the papers - so soft and your embellishments just perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lynne - love it. Beautiful altered tissue box. Love the design. Judy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Delightful and inspiring... Beautiful alteration!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous makeover, Lynne! 💖

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing transformation! The soft colours and images look so magical 😁. Happy and creative wishes! J 😊 x

    ReplyDelete