Monday 9 July 2018

"Wish" card and bookmark for Gypsy Soul Lasercuts

Hello crafty friends! I recently made an easel card and posted it on my Facebook page, and one of my online friends admired it and said she'd love a card like that for her birthday, which just happened to be coming up soon...I decided to use this gorgeous frame and coordinating goodies to create a unique card for her, then I thought I'd add a bookmark to match (this is being mailed out of the country so I had to keep everything relatively flat)


I started out by cutting a 5 1/2" strip from double-sided patterned paper ( make sure you like both sides unless you don't mind adding panels to the inside!), then I distressed the edges and inked them in charcoal grey.


I scored the rectangle at 6" and at the 3" mark on one side, then folded it in half.



I border punched along the bottom edge and lightly inked the leaves, I added a contrasting piece of paper behind the punchwork, and distressed/inked the edge of that as well.


At one end of the card where the 6" panel is not divided by a fold, I made a raised panel with layers of coordinating papers and some fussy-cut flower. When your easel card is standing, this creates a little ledge for the front to rest on to keep it upright.


I chose this lovely frame set for my card, and a coordinating fairy for the bookmark I created, and primed them all with white gesso before adding white glitter embossing powder. I fit a circle of patterned paper behind the frame, then added to the end of the card with the 3" folds, gluing down only the lower half so that when the card is folded to stand, the top part of the frame will stand above it.

I added a chain with a butterfly charm to the simple bookmark design, and poked the hole with a large pin-I got a bunch of these pins at a thrift store one time, and they come in handy for so many things-holes like this, piercing for handstitching with embroidery floss, cleaning out glue and paint bottle tips, etc.

I added some glittery letters to finish off the sentiment on the front of the card after attaching the "Wish" word piece on top of the frame.


I fussy cut a ton of the pretty flowers from my papers and used them to accent the frame, and I love the soft and feminine combination of colours, flowers and fairies, and hope my friend will too! Thanks for stopping by to see; have a terrific week! It's really hot here, so perfect weather to stay inside and craft!



GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED
Garden fairies, large

Scribble fairy frame

OTHER ITEMS USED

Fabscraps patterned paper
Ranger glitter embossing powder-Bridal Tinsel |
Ingvild Bolme chalk ink-Old Road
Fiskars leaves punch
white gesso
Versamark ink
Ranger heat tool

No comments:

Post a Comment