Monday 23 July 2018

Washi Wheelbarrow for Gypsy Soul Lasercuts

hey there! I'm here today with a little wee addition to my collection of storage items; I discovered that the adorable chippie wheelbarrow was the perfect size for the 5 small rolls of washi tape I keep handy to use in my journaling Bible and finished it to coordinate with the GSLC storage caddies on my worktable.



This is the blown-out view showing how the pieces fit together; be sure to put the hole all the way through if you cover both sides of the side pieces with paper; the axle for the wheels must go through these.

I didn't do anything too fussy to this piece, but the new Flourished Chain piece was a perfect embellishment. I used paper from a 6x6 Momenta pad to cover the main part of the wheelbarrow, then inked the edges with Distress Ink in Vintage Photo. I left the handle section bare so I could use the same finish on it as I used on the chain and the wheels




The chain, handle and wheels were all primed in brown, then heat embossed with Distress Embossing Powder in Vintage Photo, then sprinkled just a little Colorbox embossing powder in Peridot over the surface and heat embossed that as well then rubbed with Finnabair's fabulous Waxes in Lucky Emerald and Rich Copper (I just rubbed each one onto the surfaces randomly, here and there, to create a blended look.)




The small piece to the left in the photo above keeps the wheelbarrow standing; as an afterthought I added some of the embossing powder there as well, although in the photo it appears darker.

The photo below gives a closer look at the light flecks of green on the embossed surface; it's fun to combine and layer embossing powders to create new effects! I prefer layering them because if you combine the powders you can't pour them back into either of the original bottles, but if you don;t mind losing a bit of excess powder, it's definitely easier to get a uniform finish that way.





I am in love with the new flourished chain pieces, which come in 3 different sizes (I have used the Small) and it makes me happy that I was able to use this cute 3D wheelbarrow to create useful storage-now I have my eye on the Flower Cart....hmmm....what can I store in that one??!

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED

Wheelbarrow 1:12
Flourished Chain Small-coming soon!

OTHER ITEMS USED

Ranger Distress Ink and Distress embossing powder-Vintage Photo
Versamark Ink
Colorbox embossing powder-Peridot
Finnabair Art Alchemy Waxes-Lucky Emerald; Rich Copper

2 comments:

  1. A very good work. Thanks to the author ! If you need to write a good article you need to use essay for dummies .

    ReplyDelete