Monday 23 October 2017

Halloween Card and Treat Box for Gypsy Soul Lasercuts

Fall is in the air, and it won't be long before the cute little princesses, dinosaurs and ghosties will be knocking on our doors in search of something sweet! I figured it was definitely time to get into the spirit of things, and a card with a matching treat box seemed pretty festive.





I used BoBunny "Burnt Orange Dot" paper (the non-dotty side) for the card base and for the box. I made the box by taking apart a mini takeout box and tracing around it; mine came out a little more square, but that was okay with me.



I inked the edges of both pieces quite heavily with Ranger Black Soot ink, rubbing it around with my finger. The chipboard witches and fence were primed in black, and the moons in antique white, then set aside to dry.



The evergreen trees were diecut in black, and the birch trees in grey. The birch trees were rubbed with Black Soot ink for a mottled look. I cut the grass by hand in black.

The witches and fence were heat-embossed with Ranger glitter embossing powder-love the sparkles!



I ran the moons through a Cuttlebug cheetah print embossing folder, and the pattern was a little more defined than I'd had in mind, so I ran them through between two flat plates to lessen the depth of the pattern. I then heat embossed them in Chablis (sorry,maker unknown-I got it at a yard sale and LOVE it!)


The "Boo!" that I attached to the treat box was painted bright purple, then brushed with a mixture of  Lindy's Magical sweet violet purple teal and a little water; the blending of colours in this product really does look magical!


Chipboard items were all attached with white glue, other than the "Boo!" which was tied on with thread. I added some bits of ribbon to the handle of the box as well, just for a little extra interest. 


These projects were simple and fun to create-no complicated techniques, and you could just attach paper to an existing box rather than tracing one out to further simplify the process. Thanks so much for stopping by and may your Halloween be happy and full of sweet stuff...like chocolate!

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED
Spooky Shape Set
Rickety Fence with Cats

OTHER ITEMS USED

Bo Bunny paper-Burnt Orange Dot
Cuttlebug embossing folder
Ranger Black Soot ink
Ranger embossing powder-Black Sparkle
Impression Obsession Birch Tree die

No comments:

Post a Comment