Monday 24 April 2017

Explore-a photo from China, a layout for Gypsy Soul Lasercuts

Hello there! As some of you know, my son is away at university in China and  occasionally sends me photos which I'm always thrilled to scrap. This one was taken in the fall in Beijing when some friends went down there from Hong Kong to visit him.


I have gotten so many layouts out of the wonderful Oriental Shape Set, and of course the Bamboo is a perfect addition, especially since this photo contains a lot of greenery.

For the bamboo, I ran it through this embossing folder:



I then painted it a light sage green and dry-brushed a light taupe brown over that.


I then use this stamp to add Versamark ink and heat-embossed with clear embossing powder:






The pagoda was run through the same embossing folder as the bamboo; the surface is larger so more of the floral pattern showed up. I painted it a light taupe, then
added layers of embossing powder by stamping with Versamark; I used Artful Stamper black glossy, Donna Salazar's Mix'd Media in Jasmine, and Ranger Embossing Antiquities in California Stucco, in that order. 




The paper had a subtle harlequin pattern which I echoed with the stencilling and with the diamonds cut from coordinating paper and hand-stitched with embroidery floss.



I love that chipboard pieces like these can be altered and adapted in so many ways. Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a wonderful and creative week!

GYPSY SOUL ITEMS USED
Bamboo Shape Set
Oriental Shape Set

OTHER ITEMS USED

Prima and FabScraps papers
Ranger, Donna Salazar and Artful Stamper embossing powders
Versamark ink
Prima clear stamp
Darice Embossing folder
Embroidery floss and large needle
Crafter's Workshop stencil
homemade texture paste

1 comment: