Friday 18 December 2015

Dazzling-a layout for Scraps of Elegance

Hello there crafty friends! Using the lovely December "Silver Bells" kit I decided to challenge myself to create a non-Christmas themed layout with some of the wonderful Authentique papers that were included . I loved the green plaid and found it perfectly set off this heritage photo of two of my older cousins when they were little.


I distressed and inked the edges of all the paper layers and added some stencilling with texture paste and acrylic paint. The flowers came from my stash and were originally larger; I removed the outer petals of the 2 large flowers and used some of them to make the rose-this way they were much more proportionate to the page. The title piece was a part of the kit and I added a stapled twine frame to complete the page and add just a touch more texture.




Thanks a bunch for stopping by and do try to squeeze in some crafty time for yourself during this busy season-you deserve it!

No comments:

Post a Comment