I used homemade texture paste for the stenciling, a little Silks paint for the splashes of bright green (the chipboard was also painted with Silks in Iridescent Green after being primed with blue-white acrylic paint.) I used microbeads on the foam title letters and also added them randomly in little patches on the page.
My second project is an altered birdhouse. I picked it up at Dollarama ages ago intending to use one of my kits on it, and this one was just perfect with fresh colours and the bird motifs on some of the paper.
I punched scalloped strips for the roof pieces and fussy-cut the birds and butterflies. A little inking, stenciling and die-cutting (leaves) were all I needed to finish the main structure before adding Spanish moss and a few flowers. I have a row of birdhouses above the bay window in my dining room, and this one will fit in perfectly!