Tuesday 22 July 2014

On Top of the World!!

My layout is based on the Pixels and Paper Challenge Blog's July inspiration photo:JULY inspiration

The round shape of the ferris wheel caught my eye,  and the feeling of height and being above everything, but I really wasn't sure how to convey that in a layout until a few days later when my daughter came home with these photos that she'd taken in Niagara Falls-they were perfect for the theme, and the 2 candids that I printed in b/w summed up the feeling of height. Then the old Carpenters' song came into my head for the title and a layout was born!

I repeated the circle element in the bottlecaps, doilies, circle lattice stencil and static stencil, and the lovely 9th Wave paper by 7 Dots has subtle circles in the upper left and lower right corners.The cute banners are by Gina's Designs; I painted them with acrylic paint, then spongepainted over with white.
Thanks for stopping by and checking out my page; I'm so glad I found this awesome challenge blog-you can check it out at:

http://pixelsandpaperchallengeblog.blogspot.com.au/

have a great day!!



6 comments:

  1. Love this page - your background is fabulous. Thank you so much for playing along with us this month on Pixels and Paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background...love the texture and colour and the addition of the punching and banners. Thank you for playing at Pixels and Paper. I look forward to seeing more of your art. Cheers, Di

    ReplyDelete
  3. A fantastic background and photos and I love your take on the challenge. Thank you for playing along at Pixels and Paper :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. great page love all the texture thanks for joining us at P&P this month :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great use of the 7 Dots Studio paper and the texture stencil to show round movement. The Carpenter's song choice was no surprise. lol. Congrats on doing this page for P&P! xxSue

    ReplyDelete