Saturday 24 May 2014

Life's a Beach!


This project was inspired by Agnieszka's beautiful May mood board at Inkido:

I'm excited to play along with this challenge, and you can find more about it on the Inkido blog:
http://inkido.blogspot.ca/2014/05/may-challenge-by-agnieszka-bellaidea.html

The photo I used is my daughter on a beach vacation in Northern Ontario last year; she had a great time and brought back several photos but this one was my favourite!



I used the Love is in the Air collection from 13 Arts as well as Dusty Attic chipboard and a Prima stencil. I made my own texture paste with baby powder, white glue and acrylic paint.The diecut shells above the photo were cut with a Memory Box die. The blue paper and the flowers are by Recollections, and the inks are Donna Salazar. The punchwork is Martha Stewart Swirling Lace.

 
I used real seashells and real sand to create a natural feel and add texture.


 The whale was spongepainted with acrylic paint and I used punchinella and ink to create the circle design.



The title was painted with acrylic paint, and the "netting" it's mounted on is something I found at Big Lots at Halloween...it was called "Creepy Cloth" but used like this I don't think it's creepy at all!

Thanks a bunch for stopping by, and I hope wherever you are you're enjoying beautiful beach-worthy weather!

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous page, dear! Thanks so much for sharing with us at INKIDO!

    ReplyDelete